pictured: The Bottle House Museum in Kaleva, Michigan
1. Weird Michigan Read about the guru of toilet paper, the Devil’s Soup Bowl, a bottle house and a bottle tower, our own Bigfoot, a pickle barrel house, the world’s fastest cow, a fire breather and an eyeball smoker, the Outhouse Classic, UFOs of every size and shape, crop circles, and brown goo. Just don’t, no matter how tired you are, even think about sitting in the Witch’s Chair.
2. Glenn Barr’s Haunted Paradise Glenn Barr’s robots, creatures, and vixens live in a seedy yet swinging, 1960s universe, drenched in the haze of a postindustrial hangover. Photos of divey & googie style Detroit comingle with Barr’s kinky futuristic retro world. These copies are signed by the artist.
3. Mike Kelley’s Day Is Done soundtrack (double CD) This two CD set contains the strange & hallucinatory music soundtrack to films Kelley created out of reconstructions from old High School yearbook “extracurricular activities” — 2+ packed hours of creepy & euphoric awesomeness.
4. BIG FAT LITTLE LIT Hilarious and charming, the collection contains comics for all ages from award-winning and bestselling authors and artists Harry Bliss, Daniel Clowes, Kim Deitch, Ian Falconer, Jules Feiffer, Neil Gaiman, Crockett Johnson, Kaz, Walt Kelly, Barbara McClintock, Tony Millionaire, David Sedaris, J. Otto Seibold, Maurice Sendak, Lemony Snicket, Art Spiegelman, Joost Swarte, Basil Wolverton, and more.
5. Vincent Van Gogh Action Figure Vincent van Gogh is truly the epitome of posthumous fame and notoriety. He experienced very little success in his life, yet today countless posters of his paintings hang in homes throughout the world.
6. Subgenius Psychlopedia of Slack: The Bobliographon Meet “Bob.” Lord of the SubGenius. Scientific Shaman. Big Brother Au-Go-Go. He sits comfortably at the apex of the pyramid of worldly knowledge, twiddling his thumbs. His word, according to followers, is The Word, and that word is Slack. Beyond science, reason — and orgasm — find in Bobliography instant instructions for those who follow no master.